[T2] Proud new owner

Greg Potts greg at pottsfamily.ca
Wed Jan 7 12:45:15 MST 2015

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the list!

I watched a guy start a snowmobile recently that had been sitting a few
years. He drained the fuel tank and refilled it with fresh gas, then put
a teaspoon or so of oil into each spark plug hole and turned the engine
by hand a few times so as to protect the rings from damage. Then they
put about 1cc of gas into each cylinder and the engine started first pull.

As others have mentioned, inspecting the fuel lines and the brakes is
also time well spent.

Finally, I'd recommend taking a close look around the engine bay for
signs of mice or wasps... a mouse or wasp nest under the engine tin will
block airflow and can cause expensive problems. If there are signs of
mice or wasp activity in the area I'd be inclined to rent or borrow a
borescope and go in through the spark plug holes looking for any nesting
material blocking airflow.

Happy Trails,

Greg Potts
Toronto, Ontario Canada