[T2] Ever hear of De-Oxit?

MUTS . muts at verizon.net
Thu Feb 26 10:15:26 MST 2015

On the Roadtrek (van camper) forum, they are discussing voltage drop-
this comment caught my eye- so that's why those connectors corrode the
wires inside the crimp!

Corrosion inside the connectors is particularly evil, since you don't
see it.  I coat mine with De-Oxit copper before crimping and put heat
shrink tubing on it to try to keep out moisture and road grime.  The
fine copper strands act as a wick and will wick up all sorts of
corrosion causing nasties into the connector.
--
MUTS  = Michael's Ultimate Thumb Saver oboe support
93 Chevy Roadtrek 210P