[T2] Sat and the bus in Baltimore

accessys at smart.net accessys at smart.net
Mon Dec 7 09:46:06 MST 2015

so Sat Dan Besson comes up and he has a very similar bus to mine even down
to the Crane ignition.  so for over 6hrs we did.
pretty much everything but included

reset valves
checked fuel delivery
replaced plugs and wires
replaced Dist witht stock one with points
swapped parts between engines
stuff that worked on his wouldn't work on mine, stuff on mine workedh on
his.
set timing many times
cranked while turning dist
checked every wire and hose
replaced S boot
fixed a wire on cold start relay(not a no start factor, just noticed it)
and cranked and cranked and cranked and only sound we got was a backfire
from ether when timing was off.
a neighbor even wandered by and asked if it was going to run again as he
watched me a couple months ago when it ran the one time (oh and it was
stopped and started several times during that run)

I really appreciated Dan coming by but when he left at sundown we were no
further along then when we started...

Dan thanks again for trying to diagnose this thing

getting ready to do a novena to St Jude patron saint of hopeless cases

bigger dent in brick wall of garage from head banging
but still no go in Baltimore