[T2] Oil weight

MUTS . muts at verizon.net
Mon Dec 7 08:19:46 MST 2015

On 12/7/2015 9:36 AM, Jamie wrote:
"this chart says to me... any oil you use will become almost virtually
the same viscosity as soon as it gets hot.."
http://www.ratwell.com/technical/OilSelection/OilViscosityChart-Valvoline.gif

For the reason I just posted, a standard oil does get thinner with
rising temp, running it through a paint viscosity cup will prove that.
The multivis oil 10-40 is 10 w at start when COLD out, but as temp
rises, has special molecules that coil to thicken it to temps required
for maintaining the needed oil film on rubbing parts.  You'd need an
experiment to see that when your oil is at 200+, run it through the
viscosity cup for both multivis and regular oil, worth doing in summer-
depends on where you live.

MUTS  = Michael's Ultimate Thumb Saver oboe, clarinet support
93 Chevy Roadtrek 210P
78 VW Westfalia Camper