[T2] CHT with Dakota gauge

c.dreike c.dreike at verizon.net
Mon Aug 24 20:06:52 MST 2015

Sami,
I looked at the photo. Never seen a spark plug with an O-ring. In any
case. That o-ring is a bit of plastic. If its seeing 450F. It should be
rather frazzled as would be your valves. I would bet that the real
temperature is something south of 400. How do the plug tips look? Normal
light brown or slightly black? A good indicator that the engine is
running within limits.

Try dunking the sensor into a pot of boiling water for a reality check
at 212F. You could add a bunch of sugar and keep boiling with a candy
thermometer until the hard crack stage, 295-309, or brown caramel at
around 338F. The water or sugar should not hurt the thermocouple junction.

Cheers,
Chris