[T2] CHT with Dakota gauge

Sami Dakhlia sami.dakhlia at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 14:49:51 MST 2015

Update on CHT. First of all, here's a picture of the sensor's o-ring,
stretched into an egg shape on the first installation.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oon7ftj96sbfldt/file%2024-08-15%2014%2032%2006.jpeg?dl=0
My best guess is that the crimped part got caught on the edge of the plug
hole recess. I tried to bend it back into something closer to a circle, but
I'm pretty confident there's still going to be exhaust leak at the plug,
which would contribute to the scary high CHT readings.

Second, after adjusting the AFM per the itinerant air cooled website, there
has been some slight improvement: temps dropped from 435 to 425 at 55 mph.
They dropped another 15 degrees when cruising at 50 mph instead, which I
did today on I-5 and I-405 from San Diego to LA. The slightest incline
brought about a 15 degree increase uphill and a 15 degree drop downhill. I
think I'm going to fiddle with the AFM a bit more this afternoon, in the
hotel parking lot.

Then again, I already had more than enough "fun" with the old bus this
summer. This long-distance relationship is not working out too well. Maybe
time for me to ship the bus to France, or for me to move back to the U.S...
:)

Cheers,
Sami