[T2] [BP] diesel conversion woes ...

Greg Potts greg at pottsfamily.ca
Tue Aug 18 13:04:20 MST 2015

Hi John,

Is that a TDI 1.9. or naturally aspirated?

The setup you linked to looks to be designed for a 2L Gas engine with a
dual-downpipe manifold. I think it's a lot bigger than what is needed
for a diesel with lower displacement and running much lower rpms.

When I put an inline 4 gas engine in Colleen's 88 Vanagon I had a custom
exhaust fabricated from the header back to the tailpipe, I paid a local
muffler shop to do the work and they completed the project in a day for
$600. It shouldn't be hard to find a custom exhaust shop in a university
town.

Happy Trails,

Greg Potts
Toronto, Ontario Canada