[T2] Rear Brake Cylinder

Richard F Coombs rfcoombs at syr.edu
Thu Sep 11 13:04:18 MST 2014

Kevin,

I wouldn't use the lowest price cylinder either. The quality of the machining could be a total crapshoot. As to the quality of the rubber parts, who knows?

It would probably work, but how long would it last?

I can say that I've used the medium priced 211611047cbr (Brazilian) cylinder on both my '71 Busses without issues. One set must have 20,000 miles on it by now.

As far as the Bus Depot website's search function goes, it appears to like "wheel cylinder" better than "brake cylinder".

Richard

'71 hippie Bus "Putt-Putt"
'71 homebrew camper "Sugar Magnolia"
my71vwbusputt-putt at blogspot.com