[T2] Battery overflow on charge

Jamie jrivers at globalserve.net
Sun Sep 7 07:05:48 MST 2014

From: "John Kolak" <
>  There was clearly a volume change because even
> after charging and return to room temperature, the cells were still
> overfull. A significant amount of volume was out of the battery and
> spilled over too.

if the charge rate was high,, the plates may have exanded...
another thing ,, batteries can have the same case to fit a std battery
tray.. but much less plate area in them.. as they can be sold cheaper.
otoh.. a good battery with as much plate area that fits that std case will
have less room for acid.. and small changes in the plates could be an
explaination..

I have never seen a battery gain water....