[T2] Battery overflow on charge

John Kolak jkolak at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 06:54:13 MST 2014

These are both very interesting explanations. I was also thinking
about temperature expansion, though I'm not sure how much to expect
from just temperature. There was clearly a volume change because even
after charging and return to room temperature, the cells were still
overfull. A significant amount of volume was out of the battery and
spilled over too.

I'm wondering how much volume change is due to a chemical density
change. Since we measure battery charge by density, I wonder if
density change caused the overflow.

John