[T2] Engine intermittently turns off while coming to a stop

Max Bronsema max.bronsema at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 20:26:04 MST 2014

I took another gander around the engine bay and while tugging on the vacuum
booster hose by the carb I saw that the idle-solenoid shut off was rather
loose. I tightened it up back to the carb, about 3/4 of a turn. I know it
is supposed to stop run-on but maybe it thought the engine was off when I
was pulling up to the stops with a warm engine, low rpm, and it just cut
off fuel?

Joe, I run a pertronix unit in place of the points. It all checked out as
normal at the tune-up.

I will take it for a drive this weekend, it still has a lot of wedding
stuff in it, we had her packed to the gills. She is my daily driver so I am
excited to get back on the road.

Does my hypothesis make any sense at all?

Thanks,

Max

Max,