[T2] Carburetor leak

Daniel Martinelli pacific.oyster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 08:04:15 MST 2014

Dear All

My carburetor (34 pict 3) leaks from the bushes (that's the fittings that
seal the trottle spindle :)

So. I will try to fix this with new bushes
e.g.:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-BEETLE-CAMPER-SOLEX-31-34-PICT-3-CARB-REPAIR-BUSHES-AIR-COOLED-/370597327209

But, having no experience with that work and just in case I mess up, I also
googled for a new carburetor. Since you can't buy any new old stock solex I
was looking for alternatives. All in all in about every post I read, there
is one that swears that any brand other than the original solex suck, won't
even work. Of course all the reseller swear, that the ones they sell are
better than the original and just in case it won't work you did probably
something wrong. Hmm....

So does anyone of you have real world experience with brands like empi,
euromax or brosal? OR with refurbing the bushes? Any favorites?

Thank you for your thoughts

Daniel