[T2] now what.?

accessys at smart.net accessys at smart.net
Mon Oct 20 11:19:13 MST 2014

engine siezed last week.

took it to Derrick Zimmerer at Way out salvage (recommended by bus depot)

seems a galley plug came out.!!!

wait a minute.
this is a Boston Bob Donalds rebuilt engine.  paid good money for it. runs
like a champ when it runs.

just after Bob Donalds dies the engine seizes.  galley plug fell out.
gary LaBlanc at suburband engine who supposedly was Bob Donalds top
mechanic and took over much of his work fixed it and was specifically
instructed to make sure no galley plug could possibly come out.

when I recieved the engine several galley plugs were obviously tapped and
sealed.  so figured I got my moneys worth and engine ran fine for 13,000
miles. then siezed.????  WTF.

Derrick calls and tells me a galley plug fell out!? WHAT I paid Gary
LaBlanc to make sure that never happened again (fool me once shame on you
fool me twice shame on me) I have found many ways in 40yrs to mess up my
ride but not the same way twice

finally got thru to LaBlanc this morning and explain the problem and he
basically says "so what" engines out of warranty.  wait a minute I paid
you to seal all the galley plugs so they would never come out.  he wants
me to prove he said he would do "all" of the galley plugs?!

I get made when I pay someone to do a job and it doesn't get done. and
that is what appears to have happened.    so now what. I am not rich as
most on this list know. don't have money to keep fixing the same thing
over and over.  since when do galley plugs fall out in the first place.

Ideas??
take him to court??
take up a collection from the poor folks on this list to fix his mistake?

need to calm down....

thanks