[T2] STOOOOPID QUESTION

Scott Busby swbusby at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 11:44:16 MST 2014

I heard that a 002 tranny with an 091 bell housing + later type Starter is
very close to the same length as a straight 002 tranny. I have read
theSamba forums about folks who shorten the input shaft by a few
millimeters, but I wouldn't do that. At worst, it just pushes the shifter
handle a tad closer to the driver. I suppose you may need to adjust the
shifter plate a bit.
I've got a later style 2.0L motor as a backup for my current 1800cc 74 bus,
so when I swap it in, I will need an 091 bellhousing and starter. The
alternative would be to use my existing clutch and flywheel on the 2.0
motor with an 002 bellhousing.

Scott B