[T2] Getting too old for this + trisquare query

Mike Benthin muts at verizon.net
Fri Oct 3 05:36:23 MST 2014

      At nearly 70, I AM getting too old for this,- (see next paragraph
for query) -got around to pulling the 75 engine from daughter's bus, as
it was having trouble getting up hills and failed the "should stall when
letting out the clutch when parked/blocked" test, even with cable
maximally loosened. Another clue, even when loose, it seemed to try to
grab right off the floor.  Got a friend to help- backed her bus up to
the garage onto 3 2x10 boards nailed together, then jacked up the front
to equal the incline of the driveway.  Bumper had to go with the Auch
towhitch hanging down, but spent an hour getting one side off as it had
rotted away around the welded nut due to a mouse nest in the box beam
under the hatch door. Then proceeded to remove heater box connections,
all the engine wall protrusions (electrical, cable, vacuum, and fuel-
neded two fuel line clamps. 4 nuts off on trans housing, and used a
motorcycle jack underneath to let it down after yanking.  Had to remove
oil filler, coil, shrouding around the back to pull engine forward
enough to drop.  Dropped it down on jack, and then proceeded to the
trick of letting engine to ground- use a digging bar and a piece of 6x6
to lift one side and stick in enough 2x4 shims to clear jack- OOPS,
NEVER DISCONNECTED THE MPC FROM THE "BRAIN"! - was still there very
taught, and had yanked injector plugs on right.  Now I worry if wires to
MPC are intact )-8  Lifted other side, shims in, jack out, and slide
engine out.  Had to lower front to lift back enough.
      Proceeded to clutch pressure plate removal, and it's trisquare
bolts!  Could not find to one I had for CV joints, tried a 6mm hex head,
worked on 2 but stripped third- so now the question- what size is the
trisquare?

MUTS Oboe/EH support = Michael's Ultimate Thumb Saver
93 Chevy Roadtrek 210P
78 VW Westfalia Camper