[T2] Flywheel woes

Darren Evans-Young darren at bama.ua.edu
Sun May 25 15:12:28 MST 2014

So, in 2009, I removed the engine from my bus to fix a clutch issue.
Basically, pedal to the floor. Later discovered it was the
arm the cable goes through with the wingnut on the back. It
was cracked and was opening up instead of operating the clutch.
Fast forward to 2014, the engine is still in my garage and I'm
just getting back to putting it back together...hope I can remember.
I have replaced the crank seal, pilot bearing, felt, O-ring, flywheel
resurfaced.

when I install the flywheel and tight two of the five bolts to seat
the flywheel, I can no longer turn the engine. Loosen the bolts and
it turns with a scraping sound. I don't believe I'm missing any parts.
Nothing I did on that end of the engine should have affected how far
in the flywheel goes I don't think.
.
I'm baffled.  Any ideas?

Darren Evans-Young