[T2] Brake booster topic

John Anderson wvukidsdoc at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 15:16:48 MST 2014

Michael has some good points, I'd also add, even if your loved ones or you are not injured, do you want to accept the liability from both/either a conscience or monetary/liability standpoint if your bus fails stop and mows through/down someone else.  I mean driving a T2 already pretty much even in tip top shape means you can't stop shorter than anything else on the road today excepting maybe heavy equipment, and even that might outstop most of us.

Did they sell plenty of late bays worldwide without boosters, sure.  Can they stop in the same distance if you can apply sufficient pressure to the pedal to generate the same line pressure, sure they can, the booster just makes it easier to do so.  So is it as easy to do so, no, and that might mean you can't/don't when you need to do so.  Why screw with it.

Heck for my Triumph I've been distressed that I can't figure out a way to upgrade to a dual circuit system WITH a booster as the TR6 install is a pain.  I would never think to downgrade something from stock, but would sure upgrade.  Though even that probably in some ways assumes liability, I recall in the early 90's reading an article where somebody who installed a set of Corrado front discs on an A1 rabbit was getting sued because he drastically outbraked someone following who rear ended him.

John