[T2] My brake booster came with a surprise inside?

greg at pottsfamily.ca greg at pottsfamily.ca
Sun May 18 13:17:46 MST 2014

But... if the booster was originally equipped it is NOT a simple matter
to go without it, since it is integral to the linkage between the pedal
and the master cylinder.

I've driven a bus with disc brakes and a non-functional brake booster,
it's not necessarily a show-stopper but I'd much rather accept the
complexity of this subsystem as a necessary evil.

Just need to know where the clip goes... or if I need a new booster.

Greg

On 2014-05-18 15:35, Robert Mann wrote:

> Greg's problem
>
>> When the booster was removed I couldn't help but notice there were some loose parts rattling around inside it. I carefully removed them and I cannot quite figure out where the clip fits. I posted a pic of the booster here: http://www.pottsfamily.ca/pottsfamily/wordpress/?p=72 [1]
>
> prompts me to sympathy, and also to point out that anyone
> able to acquire a bus with no brake booster, but with discs in front,
> should understand the booster is not needed. My '73 is in that
> category and I fail to see any need for a brake booster which is (as
> Greg is ruefully discovering) makes just one more set of potential
> problems.
>
> Best of luck Greg

Links:
------