[T2] Sliding door hardware cover, Horn Ring Contact & Title

Kevin Guarnotta kguarnotta at usa.net
Sat May 10 06:28:29 MST 2014

Thanks for the tips - I'll try to answer them in a random order, just to
keep the brain cells connecting.

Itinerant Air cooled website looks great - thanks for the tip. I've now read
over his overview, and looked at the pictures. It looks like what may have
originally been an allen head screw is now a bolt on mine? Not really sure,
but the bolt that goes through the rear glider is the one that was long. I
have filed it down, and will leave it at that. Otherwise the door works
pretty nicely. I am sure my body shop guy did not take the door off, he only
took the cover piece off.

The nylon slider is on the track, it just looks like the bolt that holds it
on is too long.

As it is currently working, I don't want to take it apart - unless it seems
like something gets gummed up. Good to see that there is a great
documentation on how to lube it up.

I don't see the horn ring assembly from Bus Depot - I would replace it if I
could, but the piece that is worn appears to be riveted to the turn signal
assembly. I should study how this works a bit more, and see if there is a
way I could replace the copper piece entirely, by riveting a new piece in. I
was just sort of wondering if anyone has tried any sort of repair here.

-Kevin Guarnotta

Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy

'69 Singlecab