[T2] Sliding door hardware cover, Horn Ring Contact & Title questions

Ned Savoie ned at harbourlight.com
Thu May 8 06:47:56 MST 2014

Hey Kevin,

On the sliding door, make sure the mechanism that pops the door out in the
rear is actuating fully. They get gummed up over the years and don't always
have their full range. It's pretty easy to take it off and pull it all
apart to clean it. Colin over at IAC has a pretty good writeup:
http://www.itinerant-air-cooled.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9182&sid=90893957ef7a74c4634ef2b450292a45and
http://www.itinerant-air-cooled.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9144&sid=90893957ef7a74c4634ef2b450292a45

If you don't know Colin or that site, it has an incredible amount of
detailed information.

As for the title, I wouldn't worry about it. It's not needed to sell the
vehicle (I've sold many to new owners in other states). The antique plates
are nice, but you are limited on mileage. But it's lower cost and you can
usually get cheaper insurance. There may be other restrictions as well in
NH (I haven't registered one there in a few years). I know Maine the state
says it's required that the vehicle be garaged, but I've never heard of
them checking.

Hope this helps.

Ned

--