[T2] 34 pict 3

Nick volkswagen collector volkswagencollector at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 15:10:24 MST 2014

I have the adapter plate and a Solex30-pict2 on the 1600dp in my 71 westy.
 It works fairly well, attaining mpg values in the lower 20s and it is
definitely less stressful to deal with.  Friends also purport the Brosol
H30/31 to be a welcome replacement.  Somewhere in my boxes of junk is a
carb with a "W" on it that resembles a stock Solex.

I did rebush a 34-pict3 with the help of my father, once.  We used brass
stock.  After turning it and much annoyance we got it back together and
functioning fairly well for that series of carb.  From what I remember
McMaster-Carr sells a metric brass bushing that is the perfect size.  I
wonder if these are what the rebuilding folks on thesamba use.  One of my
side projects was going to be rebushing carbs, but I moved away for
graduate school so the boxes of carbs and rebuild kits (no bushings) just
sit in the barn with God knows what other parts.