[T2] Air in brakes problem continues

John Anderson wvukidsdoc at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 13:31:55 MST 2014

Sometimes the "leak" from speedbleeders is actually leaking up the threads of the fitting.  A good brake fluid compatible assembly paste will provide benefits in this regard and future regard for corrosion.  I have a tube of ATE stuff I bought in probably 1992 and am still using today.  I actually saw some in a little packet at Autozone (not ATE of course) a few years ago.  You want it to be assembly paste, not caliper grease, something that is made for assembly of seals in brake hydraulics, grease on brake hydraulic components is bad, bad news.

I haven't followed this thread, but I will mention buying a $100 pressure bleeder was one of the best $100 I ever spent, particularly when a Mity-Vac is up to $30-40+ and doesn't work for crap, or about the same probably for a set of 4 speed bleeders now days.  I had to make a bus compatible bleed cap, but wouldn't bleed without it now days.  Will show the weakness of seals on the reservoir or the hose to the reservoir, but you should be dealing with those anyway if problematic.

Final thing that can be tricky on a bus is the load compensator proportioning valve.  Early ones had bleed nipples, later didn't and from total dry can get real tricky without a pressure bleeder.  Other issue is I think that rebuild kits for them are NLA and they can cause odd issues when they fail with under or overbreaking.

Anyway my random thoughts.

John