[T2] Replacing pushrod seals

Tom Ward tward at twcny.rr.com
Mon Mar 3 18:09:42 MST 2014

I have done a few of mine before and it is not very hard, I am a true
amateur too.  '73 2l Type 4 dual carb. Be careful freeing up the tubes
trying not to crush them, of course this is after removing the wire
retaining spring and the rockers.  I took channel locks and twisted the tube
first to free it up, then it slid right out. I hope my memory and
terminology is correct.

My covers were leaking last season and finally resorted to red RTV and that
solved the problem, mixed opinions on using that stuff here on the list.

Good Luck.  YMMV.
Tom