[T2] [VB] cooler/fridge ....

c.dreike c.dreike at verizon.net
Mon Jun 30 22:09:46 MST 2014

David,
I have a modified sine wave inverter, the cheap type. The refrigerator
doesn't start immediately. It coughs a couple of times as the inverter
overloads and resets and then starts up. Once running its fine. The
motor doesn't overheat. I was going to try a larger unit for the start
up surge but have not gotten there yet. The 400watt unit I have is
supposed to be good for at least a 600 watt surge. The motor is rated at
90 watts. Go figure.

Eventually I'll mount the inverter near the battery to minimize the
voltage drop in the feed wiring. That means running a 115VAC line
through the bus. Be careful if you do this and make sure that the line
can't be easily cut. Safety first. You don't want to electrify your bus.

Chris
64DD Kamper Kit