[T2] Any Body have Camper Story?

Mike Benthin muts at verizon.net
Sat Jun 21 12:27:12 MST 2014

Actually you don't need a timing light and can time it without bus
running if you know the static settings and have the pulley wheel marked
for TDC and 180 deg opposite. Easier with a voltmeter, but you could run
centerwire of distributor to a small gap from ground, turn on ignition,
rotate engine with a wrench on alternator nut (7/8"), and watch when the
spark jumps relative to markings on pulley wheel as it approaches firing
position each half turn.  I recall that when installing a distributor,
you set the crank to firing spot on degree scale, then rotate the
distributor until you get the points to close.
MUTS Oboe/EH support = Michael's Ultimate Thumb Saver
93 Chevy Roadtrek 210P
78 VW Westfalia Camper