[T2] Brake lights?

Kevin Guarnotta kguarnotta at usa.net
Sun Jul 13 11:35:25 MST 2014

Hi Guys,

I'm having a questionable issue with my brake lights. When I first step on
the brakes they do not come on, but do come on when I have pushed the pedal
them a little bit.

I would not normally think this is a big issue - because they do come on
when I STEP on the brake. Unfortunately my state required inspection would
not let he vehicle pass like this. I'm not sure how to trouble shoot - in
the past when I've had issues with brake lights they either worked or didn't
work, or worked intermittently. Why would they only work when you push on
the brake past a certain point?

This is for my '78 Westy.

Thanks for any tips.

-Kevin Guarnotta