[T2] Alternator for 1600DP

Bob Perring perring at roadrunner.com
Fri Jul 4 06:35:49 MST 2014

For the longest,
I have wanted to install an alternator in my bus, but just do not want to go through a possible junk failure sequence.
I operate amateur radio in my bus, and camp a lot, using two batteries, and a stock generator using an isolation charging relay.

I need higher, faster, heavier amp supply and charging than the 12VDC generator gives.

Using 30/31 carb on an adapter plate, and a fuel pump that probably does not offset enough for the alternator clearance.
And, of course, there is my worry about pulley and fan fit extensions on the shaft(s).

Really not into a job of discovery on this.
Would rather have a proven route of proper fitting components and parts.

I have Bosch alternator that is supposedly good, but (?)
It would be my core swap, if needed.

Thoughts and experiences ?

Bob Perring
===  ~  >")))><   === (sent from my Ipad)