[T2] weak spark

accessys at smart.net accessys at smart.net
Sun Jan 19 13:50:02 MST 2014

lately the bus (78 auto) has been getting hard to start,. and it has been
bitter cold so haven't wanted to do much work on it but last week got a
nice day and ran thru some checks

timing ok
fuel presure ok

but the spark was real eniemic yellow.  so swapped out the coil and still
phtz of a spark.   I have a high output coil so normally blue-white snap
but this is horrible.   have full 12v to the coil so has me scratching my
head.  if I get it started it runs fine plenty of power etc.  but why the
weak spark...???

have a couple things using the coil plus wire to supply switched power but
not new so ???  I got a relay but haven't had a chance to install it but
can't imagine the problem.   have checked all the stuff in the fuel
injection trouble shooting manual.??

have a spare ECU so considering swapping that in.   but it won't even fire
with ether most times.   but when it decides to start it starts right up
and runs fine until I let it sit for a few days.

Fri fired right up and drove some errands worked fine. went out this
morning and again this afternoon and can't get it to fire.???

ideas????

thanks