[T2] Front end getting loose

Jim Arnott jrasite at eoni.com
Fri Feb 7 21:09:29 MST 2014

Hi Dave,

I haven’t owned a Bay for years and years, but in my experience years and years ago, the most common cause of bay Window wander was worn swing lever shaft bushings here: <http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/vw/T2/1977/29/52/362889/>

Crawl under and have someone move the steering through the free play. Worn shows as the swing lever moving up and down. If bushings, back in my day, you’d punt because they required reaming following replacement. This may or may not still be the case.

IF I recall correctly.

Jim