[T2] Leaking oil - from the front t?!?!

John Burneskis john.burneskis at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 02:38:16 MST 2014

My '78 Westy seems to be leaking oil from the front.

It appears as engine oil.

Last observation, which really threw me, has a 2 square inch spot of fresh
engine oil (color and texture) an a 1 square inch spot of BLACK oil deposit.

A month earlier, I dropped and cleaned the front splash pan because I was
looking for the source of the leak.  Now, after the bus was sitting for a
month, and after a local 10 mile run, I see the same 'engine oil' dropping,
but now, 12 inches along side of the fresh engine oil dropping, I see a
BLACK oil spot.

>From the front of the bus!!

Barry ends