[T2] Help Needed in Monterey, CA

Josh Gibbs gibbsjj at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 20:19:28 MST 2014

Greetings Type2 list! My family and I (wife and 2 sons) are on a month
long west coast road trip in our '69 Westy. Having a great time so far
(day 7)! We started in Seattle.

Something happened to one of the rear brakes today near Monterey. Got
very hot. Bad grinding sounds when I use the brakes.

I just did brakes (among lots of other things) before we left. We are
in a motel tonight, but supposed to be heading up to San Simeon
tomorrow (after a visit to the Aquarium).

If there is anyone around this area that could help me out or suggest
a shop nearby - I could really use the assistance! What I really need
is to get the drum off so I can see what happened in there. I've got
some tools but a floor jack and some way of torquing up that big
castellated nut after I take it off would be awesome.  I have one of
the 'hammer' tools, so getting it off won't be a problem.

Here are some pics of our trip so far...

http://www.enjoygram.com/gibbsjj

If you can help, just send me an email. Thanks!

-Josh

-Josh