[T2] '74 Westy, bellhousing..re/re

Jamie jrivers at globalserve.net
Mon Sep 30 09:36:59 MST 2013

I took an 091 bellhousing, and a SR17 auto starter, to a T4 longblock , with
a 228mm flywheel today
The SR17 starter gear does NOT travel out far enough to contact any size
flywheel in the 091 bellhousing.

This can be seen by installing the SR17 on the 091, and watching the gear.
It doesn't extend out far enough
The SR87 starter gear extends all the way out to the bushing in the
bellhousing

So,, I don't think that an auto starter SR17 can be installed on a 091 .
http://www.globalserve.net/~jrivers/jr/pictures/latebay-starter-comparison.jpg

Jamie

From: "John Kolak"