[T2] Intake air sensor checking - please help

Jamie jrivers at globalserve.net
Thu Sep 26 19:24:24 MST 2013

From: "Christophe Guilbert"
> The van start and run normally. Once the engine is hot, I can't restart it
> immediately and need to wait 1/2h so the whole thing cool down first. The
> reason seems to be the engine is flooded (strong smell of gas)

> Results:
> Concerning the cold start valve, I could not really tested because no one
> is with me at the moment to crank the engine.

attach a "remote start switch" which can be as simple as 2 leads of wire
from the starter term 50 and 30,, touch them together for the starter to
spin.. or aligator clip leads,, or an actual switch...

> Concerning the intake sensor  , terminal 36 and 39 , I read 0 ohms
> regardless if the flap is open or not. Bentley manual said that it has to
> be infinite when it is closed.

This contact controls the double relay to turn on the fuel pump...  do you
have the black cap off the intake air sensor ? ,, you can see the switch in
the open, and closed position when you move the flap.... and should read
infinite when the flap is closed..