[T2] Transmissions problems in Athens, al

Jamie jrivers at globalserve.net
Sun Sep 22 18:56:18 MST 2013

where is the pedal when you hit resistance of the cable?  about half to one
inch down from top?

is the engine running when you are trying to put it in gear?
shut the engine off and select the gears..
if you can select gears while engine is off.. then the linkage is ok.. but
the clutch doesn't want to stop spinning

the cable is stretched,, or out of adjustment.. look at both ends.. as they
wear and fray at the front, and the trans..
adjust the wing nut till the pedal has 1" play...

if it is still doing it.. it may be the pilot bearing in the crank...
assuming you have a type 4 engine..

emergency / parking brake stuck on..