[T2] Looking for an engine builder in MD or NC

David Kelly volknstein at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 11 13:11:10 MST 2013

Here is the rest of the story that I left out, the first engine catastrophe was my fault as I threw a fan belt and thought I could limp to the auto parts store down the street. I had several issues before that to cause it to run hot. The second one I babied but it started to run uneven so after ruling everything that I could think of out, I tore the engine down to find a burnt valve, scored cylinder walls and very shoddy workmanship. It was my fault for not looking this deal over very well before I bought it. I found GEX stamped on it. The case showed evidence of an old rod break, helicoil repairs on some of the studs and many of the studs were ground down to fit if they didnt thread in all the way. A blind monkey could have built a better engine.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far!

David Kelly

Sent from my iPhone