[T2] Bellhousing seal..

Squid sydclarke at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 30 16:29:56 MST 2013

Where the trans shaft comes through the clutch housing on my '74 1.8 l, I have bought new 'seal' pkg, but, if i tilt the tranny to 90 degrees and no fluid leaks out, is the seal good?  I assume from same position, if there is 'weepage', it is ok, since vehicle would never be in that position,, unless I roll it off a cliff!  I am just 'shy' of replacing it with new one,from Bentley procedure, where you need NLA VW Bellhousing seal insert tool!  Anyone, done this "ala Barn do"?  Thanks
Cheers
Syd