[T2] Rear brakes on 71

Martin Strandgard mnstra at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Oct 22 14:47:43 MST 2013

Jim M. wrote:

"I have a 71 Camper that I am redoing the brakes on.  On the rear, between the shoes is a "connector" which separates the shoes.  Underneath that is the spring.  In the middle is a "clip" which would appear to clip the spring to the connector.  My old clips will not snap together.  BusDepot cannot find new clips.  Any ideas?"

Jim T responded:

"VW Part Number 211 609 625

Fits Buses 64-71, VW discontinued it in July 1991.  Guess it's time to hit the boneyard."

Using the part number supplied by Jim T I found that CIP (and others) have them. They list them for buses 64 to 79, but I agree with Jim T that that is not the case.

http://www2.cip1.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=211-609-625