[T2] fuel gauge unreliability

David Kelly volknstein at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 5 21:19:09 MST 2013

My 68 is the same way. 3/4 means full. I once had a 74 bus whose fuel gauge randomly worked. I pulled the sender to find the resistor windings to be frayed an rubbed raw. I pulled it out, repaired the broken windings and flipped it over so that the slider now rubbed the fresh, back side. It worked! Well sort of... Now when the tank was full, it read empty and when it was empty it read full! I laughed and kept it that way. At least I knew how much gas I had.

David Kelly
Volknstein at yahoo.com

Sent from my iPhone