[T2] curiouser and curiouser

accessys at smart.net accessys at smart.net
Fri Jun 7 07:41:40 MST 2013

On Fri, 7 Jun 2013, Joe Average wrote:

> Have you ever replaced the injectors? My understanding is that injectors come

I had a set rebuilt by someone reccomended on this list. and the old ones
were behaving correctly when tested

> Another idea - have you removed the injectors to see if they are leaking?

they are not leaking

> Fuel pressure high?

ran with a guage for months, it was dead on spec

and key indicator, 10k miles and the spark plugs look perfect, light tan
color and gap was still correct not a drop of carbon build up, (should
have used borescope to check while plugs were out but batteries were dead)

> Are you sure that your odometer, which is half of the fuel economy equation,
> is accurate enough? Maybe it is getting a reasonable fuel economy but your
> number of miles driven is incorrect?

now this is a new idea and maybe just maybe has something to do with it.
I did have to change tires a couple years ago from 205-14 to stock 185-14
because the 205s were no longer avaliable and I did replace the speedo
cable about the time this started.   hmmmm  I had not even considered
this, maybe I was always getting crappy fuel mileage. (I did take into
consideration the tire size swap though)

thanks