[T2] Squeaky Wiper

volkswagen collector volkswagencollector at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 11:44:58 MST 2013

I agree that it seems like one of the pivots is on the way out.  They're a
steel shaft through a bronze threaded tube, at least on my 67 bug when it
had this issue it was, the buses haven't this problem yet.   It could be
easier to take the whole unit out than stand on your head to do the repair
in the bus.  I took it all out, remedied the pivot with PB Blaster on it
followed by waiting, then wiggling the pivot back and forth until it
rotated very easily.  After this the whole mechanism got cleaned/lubricated
for more years of service.  I have had zero problems since.

Best of luck