[T2] Rear Brake Backing Plate, '70

Roger Lemberg phroggie at ieee.org
Fri Jul 19 09:10:55 MST 2013

Greetings,

Got it off. But it wasn't pretty. The plate was just rusted on under the adjuster.

For future reference, the thick steel locator pin is part of the adjuster housing which in turn appears to be spot welded(?) to the backing plate. (Please correct me if I'm wrong here!).

So what should work is driving the locator pin (which appears to be the most rugged part of the whole backing-plate) from the in-board side of the bearing housing. (Ideally, of course, is never getting to the point where it's so rusted.) (Again, please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Thanx John for recommending Bus Boys. I'll give them a call.

Peace,
Phroggie and his Phrogbus
(1970 Sportsmobile conversion)
Northridge, CA