[T2] Wiring help

accessys at smart.net accessys at smart.net
Fri Jul 12 09:21:38 MST 2013

On Fri, 12 Jul 2013, Squid wrote:
> Thanks to help from list member Jamie, I have hooked up an auxiliary fuse panel for my gauges etc, and it has a common feed to 6 fused circuits.  Jamie sent me a pix of a wire connector that turns a single male tab connector into a double tab.  All good, but I have my instument panel detached, and Jamie or someone else, mentioned to use the feed to the gas gauge vibrator as a pickup point to use this new tab.  After reading Bently schematics for wiring, cannot decipher which wire tab to tap into, the red wire tab on back of exciter, or the brown with white stripe that runs to tab, under nut just above the vibrator? '74 Westy 1.8.
> Thanks

personally I wouldn't use the guage as a source for the tap as it IMO
isn't a large enough wire for the amount of juice you may draw, also the
guage is kinda sensitive to the voltage variations etc.

in any case no matter what you do "TAKE LOTS OF PHOTOS" of what you do and
keep them with your Bentley so you can refer to it later.