[T2] I hate electrical problems

accessys at smart.net accessys at smart.net
Tue Jul 9 08:41:57 MST 2013

ah my 78 auto bus,

about a week ago I was running some errands and it started to rain so I
turned on headlights and wipers and next thing I know the cab is filling
with smoke, immediately shut off everything and drift to the side of the
road.
   hmmm, 4way flasher work, engine runs,
slowly nurse it home only about 3 miles....

pull the instrument panel and the inside is full of melted wires, WTF!!!
  how  did it even run home, (amazing rides these buses) so found a place
where a wire was pinched and shorted, started checking and found lots of
burned wires,  electrical part of ignition switch, toast. headlight
switch, toast.  so rummaged around and quick order off to bus depot and
several HOT days slowly rebuilding the innards..  finally got it back
together and checked it out one little bit at a time, so everything seems
to work except instrument lights, they were melted and I have to build a
new wire harness for em, so they are sitting on work bench. but now
everything works BUT the 4way flashers.??????

mumble mumble mumble, what in the crazy blue blazes have I done now,  the
dash light for turn signals works with turn signals and with 4ways it just
comes on and stays on...???

any ideas crazy or otherwise....

thanks