[T2] High Idle

volkswagen collector volkswagencollector at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 16:16:06 MST 2013

I had a similar issue with my 1967 bug.  When I let off the gas the arm
didn't return to the idle position, despite a newer spring and properly set
cable, causing the engine to rev very high.  It went away sometimes when I
stomped on the gas pedal, however not all the time.  The barrel nut that
the throttle cable is inserted into on the carburetor linkage arm wound up
having a groove worn into it over the past 47 years.  After sourcing a
replacement and lubing it there haven't been any issues.  Then again it's
only been driven thrice since the replacement.