[T2] High Idle

C. Dreike c.dreike at verizon.net
Fri Dec 13 11:23:06 MST 2013

Hi,
I ran the same carb for about 25 years with a similar problem. I have
a splitty so there is supposed to be a return leaf spring under the
gas pedal as well as a coil spring arangement in the engine
compartment that pulls on the throttle cable. If both are not
installed, the carb could hang. Too much friction in the long throttle
cable was my diagnosis. You might also take a close look at the nut
that holds the throttle parts on the throttle shaft. If the nut is not
adjusted just right, the throttle shaft may not rotate freely.  As
always, YMMV.

Cheers!
Chris
64DD Kamper Kit

Scientists seek to understand what is,
while engineers seek to create what never was.
As the "Bad Astronomer" Phil Plait says, "Teach a man to reason, and
he can think for a lifetime."