[T2] Standard to Automatic conversion in a '77

Old Volks Home oldvolkshome at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 17:04:50 MST 2013

Add 80-91 Vanagon to the list, the Wassers had the extra benefit of having
a watercooled trans oil cooler in the front of the trans.  Both my 84s have
010 automatics, a very solid unit, parts easy to find, etc.

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 6:19 PM, <accessys at smart.net> wrote:

> according to my troubleshooting guide the 010 was used on
> rabbit
> scirocco
> dasher
> bus
> audi fox (70)
> audi 100LS and
> audi 5000
>
> possibly others later than this manual which is dated 1977
>
> Bob
>
> On Tue, 20 Aug 2013, John Anderson wrote:
>
>  Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 17:59:50 -0700 (PDT)
>> From: John Anderson <wvukidsdoc at yahoo.com>
>> To: "type2 at type2.com" <type2 at type2.com>
>>
>> Subject: Re: [T2] Standard to Automatic conversion in a '77
>>
>> That is an understatement, probably used (the tranny section at least) on
>> millions of cars like every VW made from '75-'92 or so with an automatic
>> tranny.  And I don't think the final really changed from '76-'92 except in
>> details, and probably can bolt in across the entire late bus/vanagon
>> spectrum.  It is certainly easier to rebuild and find someone to rebuild
>> than it is to find any hard part (or even gasket set) for an 003, at least
>> as the tranny section goes.  Now the finals of any year, a bit harder to
>> get rebuilt, but they really don't go bad if kept with oil in them.
>>
>> John

Jim Thompson
84 GL 1.9 "Gloria"
84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt"
72 411 Station Wagon "Pug"
75 914 1.8 "Nancy"
Full Timing From March 1999 To January 2012
oldvolkshome at gmail.com
http://www.oldvolkshome.com
Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jim-Thompson/100000710343835