[T2] '76 bay misfires, sometimes stalls: why?

Joe Average joeaverage at frontiernet.net
Fri Aug 9 09:19:15 MST 2013

Don't forget to check the injector seals. My bus needed a set when I
bought it. $16 at the time. Was able to track down the problem with a
squirt of carb cleaner at the edge of the injector as I recall.

The injector seals may have been common for alot of European vehicles at
the time b/c I was able to get them from the local FLAPS. Maybe also
used on that era's Volvos and watercooled VWs. Anyhow one of the list VW
parts suppliers will have the right seals.

Anyhow I agree with the other members here - don't just throw parts at
the problem. Troubleshoot the problems first unless you have the budget
for parts swapping.

My bus also had a bad EGR valve which I simply welded shut. I cut the
EGR tube and welded that shut and then bolted that back on where the EGR
attached.