[T2] Door seal installation

John Anderson wvukidsdoc at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 7 09:57:06 MST 2013

Ned, I can say to how they were initially installed, and how I've done em.

Wipe off the powder with damp cloth, but don't kill yourself.  I wipe round once, then wipe the back (glued) surface once more round.  I put the smallest drip of purple cleaner in a gallon of hot water, moderately squeezed out towel.  In WV (and in AK I'd do the same but haven't installed a set yet up here) I tossed them in the clothes dryer for 10 minutes wrapped in a zip tied old pillow case.  In a warm land, lay em out on the driveway.  3M weatherstrip cement, per instructions, entire way round.  That is how them came, and in fact getting out the old adhesive is a real PITA, plastic scraper tool and laquer thinner helps to get the old glue out first.  A 2" wide plastic putty knife helps to work em in.  Get them seated COMPLETELY or else your doors won't close.  That happens even with the BD German ones, but much worse with the SA crap.  Be happy you sprung the extra for the German.  Rust in the channel of course needs dealt with and can be
 a real pain as it often involves the overlapping layers and is hard to really treat.

Be amazed at how solidly the doors thunk shut at the end.

John