[VB] Battery Choices

david raistrick keen at type2.com
Tue May 18 09:46:43 PDT 2021

if you don't have bad drains (like a stereo) when it sits a while - exide
AGM batteries have been good.  (those other guys with their colored tops,
not so much).  AGM batteries a much more common now (a lot of manufs use
them in the new cars, and have been for a long time).

last one I used in my '66 that wants a group 26 to fit the 6v tray, was
a Exide Orbital ORB75DT-108.  can't use the 6v metal top on it, of course,
and probably had to tweak the strap.   '67s use a group 42.   No memory of
what the bays use.

the BCI charts are usually pretty useful if you're trying to figure out if
another size battery will fit - https://www.batteryweb.com/bci

at the end of the day, for us, it's all about fit, post orientation, and
availability/warranty, and maybe chemistry (agm vs unsealed vs sealed
liquid acid).