[VB] Transmission Rebuild

Avocado Tom Tarka avocadotom at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 13:51:21 PDT 2021

Greetings Volks!

It would seem that the transmission on my ‘67 is finally at the end of its life.

I’m about to pull it for a rebuild, but that raises three questions:

1. should I have the reduction boxes rebuilt? (I rebuilt them myself maybe 30,000 miles ago and I guess I could also refresh the bearings myself this time too)

2. Should I go with a 0.82 4th gear or the stock 0.89?

3. Should I have my local shop do it, or go with Rancho?

Interested to hear your thoughts...

Cheers!
    Tom

—
“You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t cure stupid.” -T. Tarka